Monday, November 2, 2020

Please Remember to VOTE!

When Marcia began working for the Medical & Chirurgical Faculty of Maryland in 1896, women were, among many other things, not allowed to vote. That privilege did not come until 1920, just 100 years ago. The 1920 presidential election of Warren G. Harding was the first in which women could vote. 

Given what I know of Marcia, who she was and what she did, I am certain that she exercised her right to vote in 1920. All of those men and women who fought for their right to vote did so because it is so incredibly important to a democracy. 

Please vote on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, if you have not done so already. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg, My ballot was safely received in Ohio several weeks ago, and I am guessing that you and Marcia would approve of my choice!
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete