Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Marcia's Anniversary Updated

In my last post, I mentioned that we will be meeting at Baltimore's historic Green Mount Cemetery to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the death of Marcia C. Noyes. 

In anticipation of this, I made a reconnaissance mission to the Cemetery this morning, so I could be sure where her grave is located. 

To enter the cemetery, you must either call them (the number is conveniently located on the front gate) or buzz them. The gates will open and you can drive in. The gates are not as narrow as they look!

The easiest thing is for everyone to meet just inside the cemetery a little before 11:00, and then we can all drive over together. Her grave is located in the north-east quadrant of the property. 

If you come in after we've left to drive over to the grave-site, the staff will give you directions to her grave. Once you get close, you should see cars parked near-by. 

The instructions I got were to drive up the drive about 100+ feet, take a left and then follow the stone wall around until you come to a long stretch of the wall along your left. It's just beyond that. There is a tall angel and two huge yew (or similar) bushes. 

Marcia's family's graves are to the left of the big bushes. Once you find it once, it's easy to find again. But having cars parked close by will be a big clue.

I will be leaving my office at about 10:45, so email me before then if you have any questions. 

We will look forward to seeing you at 11:00 on November 24 to celebrate the life of Marcia Noyes!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Meg, Wish I could be there--send Marcia my best! And also a Happy Thanksgiving to both of you!
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete