Friday, September 1, 2017

Marble Art

I was scanning the Morgan Library's fabulous Instagram feed when I saw something that stopped me in my tracks. The photographer, Abelardo Morrell, who was at one time, a security guard at the Morgan, took pictures of all of the inside covers of Henry David Thoreau's journals.
He put them in order from first to last to create a huge collage of the beautiful marbleized end papers. 
You can read about the project in the New York Times, here. And here it is in place at the Morgan.
I thought it would be a fun idea to create a similar project for an item at our upcoming Silent Auction, in honor of the inauguration of Gary Pushkin, MD in October. 


We have loads of books with marbleized end papers, so there's no shortage of patterns that we can use. 


 Stay tuned for the final project.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Meg, The proximity of the portrait and the marbleized paper grid reminds me of Dali's Lincoln.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete