Monday, November 5, 2018

School #49 Mini-Reunion

In September, MedChi was pleased to host a group of School #49 alumni who gathered to celebrate the dedication of a bronze plaque which now graces the front of the building. 
The event was spearheaded by Celeste Pushkin, mother of MedChi’s immediate past president, Dr. Gary Pushkin. She and a group of fellow “49ers” donated funds to install a bronze plaque on the façade of the building, acknowledging its place as an accelerated school for gifted children from across Baltimore. Click here for a piece in the Baltimore Jewish Times about the dedication.
When the renovations to the building were completed in the mid-1980's, a reunion was held across the street at the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall (Mr. Meyerhoff had attended School #49) and a book filled with decades of memories was published. You can download it here

If you have any memories of your time at School #49, please email them to us here


7 comments:

  1. I certainly wish I had been aware of the mini-reunion. I often wonder how my classmates from the Class of 1957 have fared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry that you didn't know about the reunion... We worked with some of the alums to give us names, and only had what they gave us. If you email your info to events at medchi dot org, I will add you to our list.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could have attended also. I graduated in 1951. Please let me know about any future reunions. Dr. Robert Headley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please send your information to events at medchi dot org otherwise, i have no way of contacting you.

      Delete
  3. Let me know if you ever have another reunion. I graduated in 1957. The Rev. Thelma A. (von Behren) Smullen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please send your information to events at medchi dot org otherwise, i have no way of contacting you.

      Delete
  4. Hello - I am a 1957 graduate of Robert E Lee Middle School # 49........ Please advise if you would have another reunion. I would love to attend. My name is Barbara (Bobbie) Walker, 26620 Purple Martin Court,Santa Clarita, CA 91351. Email is hylerzoo@yahoo.com. I did not see an 'events sign in'. I did see 'register/login'.... however, that appears to be for medical professionals only. Please advise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete