Monday, May 4, 2015

What I Found on My Desk, Part I

My desk has become the repository for all things historical. And if not historical, the ephemera that no one’s sure where it should go.

The other morning I came in and found this microscope kit, complete with poison pills, scalpels and other assorted bits and pieces.

image

Today, I found these blazer badges that must have been issued to members at some point. They’re gold bullion (the stitching) and velvet, and attach to one’s pocket with a set of very strong magnets. IMG_0807Do you have one of these?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Meg, I wouldn't have a problem with people dumping stuff like this on my desk. That way, when something really interesting comes up, I would have first crack at dealing with it, and at least be aware of its existence. The dissection kit looks quite handy, in fact.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete